Chocolate Frosted Rainbow Cookies
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 20 cookies
Stir cocoa powder in to Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Cookie Mix and, hey presto!, you have delicious chocolate cookies. Top with a swirly blend of Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate and Vanilla frostings to make them extra-special.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Cookie Mix
- 25g cocoa powder, sifted
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 extra-large egg
- 30ml milk
- 125g Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Flavoured Frosting
- 125g Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Frosting
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the cookie mix in a bowl and stir in the cocoa powder. Add the butter, egg and milk, and make up the cookie dough as directed on the box.
- Divide and roll the dough into 20 even-sized balls. Place spaced apart on the baking trays, pressing each ball gently with your fingertips to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until set. Leave to cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To decorate, place a small blob of each frosting on each cookie. Lightly spread and swirl the frostings with a small palette knife to cover each cookie and give a marbled effect.
- Top each frosted cookie with 6 of the colourful chocolate buttons (included in the cookie mix box), gently pressing into the frosting.
- The unfrosted cookies will keep for 2-3 days stored in an airtight container. Once frosted eat within 1-2 days.
- Why not try making chocolate sandwich cookies instead? Top the unbaked cookies with the chocolate buttons and bake following the pack instructions. Sandwich pairs of baked cookies together with the swirled frostings.