Ingredients you can add to your brownies
Sometimes, an extra ingredient can make all the difference! Try adding some of these when you make your next batch of brownies.
1. Peppermint extract – can be used in brownie mix or in frosting for minty chocolate brownies.
2. Clotted cream or vanilla frosting - use as filling in between brownie slice layers – much like layered mini brownie cakes.
3. Marshmallows, raisins and nuts – can be used to make rocky road brownies.
4. Shredded coconut – can be used as a topping or to add an extra coco-nutty flavour to your brownies.
5. Custard – probably not the first that comes to mind when you think of brownies or blondies but definitely works a treat! Pair with cinnamon, strawberries or raisins for the perfect taste of winter.
Let us know what you add to your brownies on our Facebook page. We’re excited to hear your suggestions!