Valentine Parfait Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
These moist chocolate cupcakes make the perfect Valentine treat topped with creamy frosting and pretty heart sprinkles!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Topping and Decoration
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- Red and pink heart confetti (sugar sprinkles)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 x 12-hole muffin pans with paper muffin cases.
- Open the cake box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Put the cake mix in a large mixing bowl and add the oil, water and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper muffin cases. Bake for 15 minutes until risen and a skewer inserted into one cupcake comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Spoon the frosting into a large disposable piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle. Pipe swirls of frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cool for 5 minutes then use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate over the frosted cupcakes. Sprinkle with heart confetti and leave in a cool place until the chocolate has set.
- Make sure to push the end of the wooden spoon almost down to the bottom of the cake to make plenty of room for the puree.
- Wipe the end of the spoon with damp kitchen paper after pushing it into the cake each time.
- Keep cake refrigerated until ready to serve.