Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
Total Time: 6 Hours 20 Minutes
Get your ice cream, cookies and cake in one with this decadent fudge-filled treat. With Betty Crocker™ cake mix and frosting, it’s so easy to make!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Eggs, vegetable oil and water called for on cake mix box
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 2 tubs (500ml each) Häagen-Dazs™ Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, softened
- 100g crème-filled chocolate sandwich biscuits, roughly broken
- Fresh raspberries or cherries
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced ovens). Line the base and sides of a 33 cm x 22 cm rectangular cake pan with foil, leaving the foil over-hanging each side. Lightly grease the base of the foil only.
- Open cake mix box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Make cake as directed on box. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Use palette knife to spread the tub of frosting in an even layer over top of cake; place in freezer about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Spread ice cream over the frosting; scatter with broken biscuits. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours until firm.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Use foil to lift whole cake out of the pan. Peel away foil; cut into squares. Serve with fresh raspberries.
- Use any variety of ice cream you like – try a fruity flavour for a change, or just go for vanilla.
- Allow the ice cream to stand at room temperature 15-20 minutes to make it easy to spread. But don’t allow it to get too soft or melt.