Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
When these delicious double chocolate Halloween bat cupcakes come flying to the table they will disappear in no time!
All You Need Is ...
For the cupcake
- 1231 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 3 extra large eggs
For the decoration
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 24 dark chocolate digestive thins, cut in half with a serrated knife
- 48 edible eyeballs
- 48 red heart-shaped sugar sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 x 12-hole muffin pans with paper cupcake cases.
- Open the cake box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Put the cake mix in a large mixing bowl and add the oil, water and eggs. Whisk (by hand or with an electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Divide the mixture evenly among the cupcake cases. Bake both pans together in the oven for 18-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- Cover the top of each cupcake with the frosting, smoothing with a small palette knife. Push 2 digestive thin halves into each cupcake to form wings. Gently attach 2 eyeballs to each cupcake and 2 heart-shaped sprinkles (pointed-side out) to resemble fangs. Serve immediately or keep in a cool place for up to 2 days.
- If you can’t find edible eyeballs then use white chocolate chips pressed into the frosting, pointed-side down, and dot with black writing icing.
- Add 75g dark or white chocolate chips to the cake mixture for an even more chocolate-y flavour!