Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Bundt Cake
Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
This stunning bundt cake is the ultimate chocolate treat to serve over the festive season. The rich dark chocolate fudge cake has a ribbon of tangy cheesecake running through it and it’s so easy to make and decorate!
All You Need Is ...
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 100g dark chocolate chips
For the filling
- 175g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 1 extra large egg
For the topping
- 50g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 125g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Grease and flour a 2.5-litre (24cm) fluted tube (bundt) cake pan. Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the cake mix and reserve for another use.
- Make up the cake mix as directed on the box using the oil, eggs and water, then fold through the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the cake pan in an even layer.
- Make the filling. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then whisk in the caster sugar, flour and egg. Spoon over the cake mixture. Gently run a knife through the mixture in a zigzag pattern. Do not mix too thoroughly.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely; about 1 hour.
- Make the topping. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the icing sugar and mix until smooth. Spoon over the cake and let it run partially down the sides.
- Spoon the chocolate frosting into a disposable piping bag and cut a small hole in the end. Pipe the frosting over the top of the cake and serve in slices.
- Use white chocolate chips as an alternative to dark chocolate.
- For an extra seasonal touch, sprinkle with festive decorations and sprinkles after piping the chocolate icing over.