Yoghurt And Passionfruit Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour
This fruity dessert combines Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cake Mix and other ingredients like passionfruit pulp to create a taste sensation. The recipe takes about an hour to bake and serves up to 12 people. Give it a try for a special occasion!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 540g Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (80g)
- 170 g passionfruit pulp (strained and both seeds and juice retained)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease a deep 22cm (top measurement) Bundt cake pan well with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, yoghurt, butter and strained juice, of passionfruit pulp (reserve seeds for frosting) in a large bowl with electric mixer on LOW speed for 30 seconds, then on MEDIUM speed for 2 minutes. (Do not eat batter as it contains raw eggs). Pour the cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer cake to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Combine vanilla frosting and reserved passionfruit seeds, forming a runny frosting. Pour over the top of cake.