Total Time: 22 Minutes
Did you know you can make donuts from Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cupcake Mix? With a denser, cake-like texture, these donuts are the best of both worlds! Customise your donuts with frosting and sprinkles, and you’re sure to impress.
All You Need Is ...
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 450g Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 extra large eggs
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 cup from 453g of Betty Crocker™ Milk Chocolate Frosting
- Sprinkles of your choice or shaved chocolate, to decorate
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Generously grease two to three 6-hole ( 1/3 cup-capacity (80ml)) donut trays with melted butter. (If you only have one or two donut trays, you can cook the donuts in batches).
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the pack with the eggs, butter and milk. Spoon mixture into a large piping bag or ziplock bag. Snip off about 5mm of one corner if using the ziplock bag. Gently squeeze the mixture into the prepared trays to fill each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes in trays. Gently remove donuts from trays and allow to cool, rounded-side up on wire rack.
- Warm frosting in a microwave safe bowl on HIGH /1100W/100% in 15 second bursts until softened. Working with one donut at a time, dip donuts in warmed frosting and sprinkle with decorations immediately. Allow to set.
- Betty’s Top Tip: For a drizzle or feathered effect, squeeze the vanilla frosting from the sachet into a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH /1100W/100% in 10 second bursts until softened. Drizzle the vanilla frosting over the chocolate-dipped donuts with a teaspoon and gently drag a skewer through the lines of vanilla frosting at right angles.