Rainbow Cookie Pizza
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 12 slices
Pizza for dessert? Yes please, especially when it has a sweet and chewy cookie base, a creamy chocolate frosting and topped with chocolate buttons!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Cookie Mix
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 extra-large egg
- 200g Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Frosting
- 12 white chocolate buttons
- 12 milk chocolate buttons
- 50g white chocolate, melted
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Make up the cookie dough as directed on the box with the butter and egg.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then flatten out on the baking sheet to about a 20cm circle with clean hands. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to a thin circle 28cm in diameter (see Tips).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes, then slide the blade of a long palette knife under the cookie to loosen it from the baking paper. Leave on the baking tray to cool completely.
- To decorate, slide the cookie onto a flat serving plate or board. Spread the frosting over the cookie, leaving a 1cm border all around the edge.
- Scatter the colourful chocolate buttons (included with the cookie mix), plus the white and milk chocolate buttons over the frosting. Drizzle over the melted white chocolate and leave in a cool place until the chocolate has set. Cut into thin slices to serve.
- Don’t worry too much about getting the perfect circle with the dough, but make sure it’s the same thickness so it bakes evenly.
- You can use any flavour of frosting you like for the cookie pizza topping or try your favourite sweet spread. Instead of the white and milk chocolate buttons, add other treats or a scattering of multicoloured candy sprinkles.