Chocolate Chip and Raspberry Ripple Cake
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Betty’s twist, on the traditional ripple cake, with seasonal Raspberries.
All You Need Is ...
- Betty Crocker™ Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix 485g
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 extra large egg
- 250g block cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 125g punnet raspberries, smashed with a fork
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line a large loaf pan (23cmx13x7cm) with baking paper, extending up and over the sides.
- Stir cookie mix, butter and egg in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until just combined. Use your hands to form a soft dough. Roll generous tablespoons of mixture into 14 balls. Place on two baking paper lined trays, allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly. Bake for 13-14 minutes, or until firm and pale golden. Cool on trays.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat on HIGH/100%/1100 watt for 20 seconds. Beat cream cheese and vanilla frosting in a bowl with electric beaters for 1 minute until smooth. Add cream and beat a further minute, or until whipped. Gently stir through raspberries.
- Spread 1/2 cup cream mixture in base of pan. Spoon a blob of cream mixture onto one side of a cookie and stand it up in the cream at one long end of the pan. Repeat, positioning the cookies side by side and repeating layers with cookies and cream mixture. Cover whole cake with remaining cream mixture. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight to allow the cookies to soften. Slice on an angle.