Salted Caramel Shortbread Ice Cream Cups
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 10 cups
These crisp and buttery Betty Crocker™ Salted Caramel Shortbread cups are the perfect size for filling with fresh fruit and a scoop of ice cream to make the ultimate quick and easy summery treat.
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Salted Caramel Shortbread Mix
- 120g butter, softened
- 50g mango flesh, finely diced
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 15 fresh raspberries (about 60g)
- 5 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 tablespoon salted caramel sauce
- 10g pecans, finely chopped
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease 10 holes in a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Make the shortbread as directed on the box using the butter. Divide and roll the mixture between the palms of your hands into 10 even-sized balls. Gently press each ball into a muffin hole, using your fingertips to press the mixture all the way up the sides of each hole to create a cup shape.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then carefully ease the cups out of the holes (see Tips). Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Divide the diced mango between half the shortbread cups, then top each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Repeat with the raspberries and chocolate ice cream to fill the remaining cups. Drizzle all the filled cups with caramel sauce and sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Serve immediately.
- Use the tip of a small knife to loosen the semi-cooled shortbread cups from the muffin pan. Carefully ease each one out and transfer to the wire rack. Take care handling them as the edges will be a little crumbly.
- You can use any combo of fruit and ice cream to fill the cups. If serving for a crowd, have a selection of fruit in bowls and 2-3 ice cream flavours, and let your guests make up their own shortbread ice cream cups.
- Gently heat the caramel sauce in the microwave for a thinner drizzle.
- As an alternative, try filling cups with yogurt and topping with fruit.