Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
A brownie classic! Vanilla cheesecake and chocolate brownie swirled together to create a perfect combination.
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 extra large eggs
- 40g milk or dark chocolate chips
For the cheesecake swirl
- 50g full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Make the cheesecake swirl. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and caster sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Open the brownie box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Mix the brownie mix, butter and eggs together in a bowl until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake pan, then spoon over the cream cheese mix. Cut through the mixture several times with a knife to create a marbled effect. Scatter over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Leave in the pan to cool completely; about 1 1/2 hours. Use the baking paper to lift the brownie square from the pan and cut into 16 even-sized squares to serve. Store any leftover brownie squares in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Use white chocolate chips or a combination of white, milk and dark, if you prefer.
- To make cutting easier, slice the brownie square with a knife that has been dipped in hot water, wiping clean after each slice.