Autumn Celebration Brownies
Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Make brownies extra special for Easter with a topping of mini mallows and sugar-coated chocolate beans.
All You Need Is ...
- 125g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix or Betty Crocker™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 extra large eggs
For the topping and decorating
- 100g white mini mallows
- 80g pastel-coloured sugar-coated chocolate beans
- 25g milk chocolate, melted
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a 20cm square shallow cake pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Open the brownie box, remove enclosed frosting sachet if using Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix and reserve for another use. Mix the brownie mix, butter and eggs together in a bowl until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a round-bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the mini mallows evenly over the hot brownie and return to the oven for a further 3-4 minutes until the mini mallows are puffed up and slightly melted.
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the sugar-coated chocolate beans and leave to cool completely in the pan.
- Lift the brownie from the pan using the baking paper. Pipe or drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownie. Leave to set, then cut into 9 squares to serve. Store any leftover brownies in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Instead of sugar-coated chocolate beans, you could use jelly beans or mini sugar-coated chocolate eggs.
- For bite-size brownies that are perfect for little ones, cut the brownie slab into 25 squares.