Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Little hands will enjoy transforming these easy-to-make chocolate-frosted cupcakes into mini-reindeer.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 15g chocolate sprinkles
- 24 large/jumbo pretzels, broken roughly into horn shapes
- 48 white chocolate drops
- Black writing icing
- 24 brown chocolate buttons
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 (12 hole) muffin trays with cupcake cases.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on LOW speed for 30 seconds, then on MEDIUM speed for 2 minutes (do not eat batter as it contains raw eggs.) Spoon the cake batter evenly into the cupcake cases, to just over half full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or tops spring back when lightly touched in centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread the frosting onto the cupcakes. Insert the pretzel shapes into the top of each cupcake for antlers. Use the black writing icing pen to make a small circle on each white chocolate drop to create an "eye". Place the drops flat side up, underneath antlers for the eyes. Then stick on the nose (brown chocolate buttons) with a little of the black writing icing. Sprinkle over some chocolate sprinkles for fur to finish.
- If you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, cover and chill the rest of the batter in the fridge while baking the first batch. Cool the muffin tray for about 15 minutes, then insert the paper cases, fill as before and cook, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.