Rose Bouquet Cupcakes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Discover this easy recipe to make the perfect cupcake bouquet of roses with a delicious vanilla sponge, perfect for any celebration. Brought to you by Betty Crocker™.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (4tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 180 l water
- 1 tub (400g) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- Red food paste colouring
- Green ready to roll icing
- Cupcake tins and cases
- Electric mixer/whisk
- Piping bag and star nozzle
- Ice cream scoop (optional)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Vanilla Cake mix gently together, and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture using an ice cream scoop (which helps fill them evenly) into the cupcake cases and fill half way. This mix is enough for approx. 24 cupcakes but this image is based on 7 cupcakes to create the bouquet, so you will have some left.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15- 18 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin then cool on a cooling rack.
- Add red food paste colouring to Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Frosting until desired colour is achieved.
- Cut the end of a disposable piping bag and place the star nozzle into the piping bag. Then place the piping bag into a glass and fill with icing (it’s much easier using a glass!).
- Pipe by starting in the centre of the cupcake and then spiral around in a circle until you reach the outer edge of the cupcake. Then place onto a cake board (tip: you could cover the board with white fondant icing or pretty paper).
- Roll the green icing into stems and arrange against the cupcakes to create the bouquet. Then roll out the green icing to a thickness of 2mm. Cut out the leaf shapes with a knife and gently create indents for veins.
- Add the leaves to the cupcakes and add the pretty red ribbon bow onto the stems. Simply beautiful!