Spooky Ghost Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
Give trick or treaters a ghoulish surprise with these fun-to-make ghost cupcakes!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil or 125g butter melted
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- Red or orange sugar sprinkles and chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tube black writing icing or sugar Eyeball decorations
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Line 1 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases.
- Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for cupcakes on the box.
- Using a small spatula spread the chocolate frosting contained within the cake box, on the top of the cakes. Scatter some red or orange and chocolate sprinkles over the top of each cake.
- Spoon the vanilla frosting into a large disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe 2 blobs of frosting with peaks on top of each cake for ghosts. Use black writing icing, cake pens or melted chocolate to draw on eyes and mouths. If you don’t have black icing, use chocolate sprinkles or place sugar eyes on each ghost. Be creative with their faces, maybe even getting the kids to help.
- Colour the vanilla frosting with orange or green food colouring gel to create neon ghosts!
- To get the piped ‘ghosts’ to peak, quickly lift the piping bag away at a slight angle after piping each blob.