Celebration rainbow chip party cake
Colourful sprinkles topped with cake toppers of your choice. Bake, Decorate and Celebrate with this Celebration Rainbow Chip Party Cake. With Betty’s Rainbow Chip Party Cake Mix and your go-to Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting this cake will surely be a hit at your next celebration.
All You Need Is ...
- 2 boxes ( 480g each) Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Chip Party Cake Mix
- Eggs, butter and milk called for on the cake mix box
- 2 tubs (400g each) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- Colourful sprinkles, cake toppers
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease and line the base of two deep 20cm cake pans. Make cakes as directed on the box using the eggs, butter and milk and pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans, then gently remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- Level tops of cooled cakes if necessary. Place one cake on a serving plate. Spread the top with the frosting from the sachets and add the second cake, bottom-side up to give a sharp edge.
- Spread the top and side of the cake in a thin coating of frosting, gently scraping off the excess with a long palette knife. This is called the crumb coat and will make it easier to add the final coating of frosting. Chill 15 minutes until firm to touch.
- Spread another layer of frosting over the top and side of the cake. While the frosting is soft, add sprinkles around the top edge of the cake and then gently press small handfuls of sprinkles around the base. Top with the decorations of your choice.
- Soften the frosting very slightly if necessary (especially if it is a cold day), following pack directions, so that it is easily spreadable.
- Place a large tray under the cake when adding the sprinkles to catch the run-aways.
- Cake can be made, frosted and decorated with sprinkles the day before required. Store in the refrigerator. Add the toppers just before serving.
- For a smaller cake, divide 1 box cake mix between two 18cm deep cake pans and bake for 35 –40 minutes. You will need 1 tub of frosting.