Chocolate Skeleton Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
These frightful skeleton face cupcakes are the perfect Halloween party treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 2 tubes black writing icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cases. Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the cake mix and reserve for another use. Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for muffins on box.
- Using a small spatula spread the frosting on the top of the cakes. Use the tube of black writing icing to pipe spooky big eyes, dots for nostrils and a smiling skeleton mouth.
- The undecorated cupcakes can be baked and frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost for 2 hours, then decorate just before serving.