Chocolate Stout St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Magic happens when you combine stout beer with Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) ml stout beer
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tubs (453g each) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- Green gel food colour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 x 12-cup muffin pans with paper muffin cases.
- Open the cake box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Put the cake mix in a bowl add the oil, stout and eggs and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cake batter evenly into the paper cases, to just over half full.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, until risen and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave in the muffin pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Mix both tubs of frosting together in a medium bowl with a little green gel food colour until you have an even colour. Spoon the frosting into a large piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe in a circular pattern on top of each cupcake. Top with chocolate sprinkles to finish.
- Don’t have a decorating bag? Simply spoon the frosting into a large re-sealable food-storage plastic bag and cut off a corner of the bag to pipe icing onto cupcakes.
- Decorate with finely chopped chocolate or chocolate curls for extra flavour.