Coffee Tiramisu Cake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Indulge in this delicious coffee layer cake using NEW Betty Crocker™ Coffee Frosting. A perfect dessert option for lovers of coffee.
All You Need Is ...
- 540g packet Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (185ml) water
- 1/3 cup espresso coffee
- 400g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup pure cream/mascarpone
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 400g tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Coffee Frosting
- Cocoa, for dusting
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced) Grease a 24 x 13cm deep loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with a large sheet of baking paper which extends over sides to aid removal.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, oil and water in a large bowl with electric mixer on LOW speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not eat batter as it contains raw eggs. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then gently remove from pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat ricotta, cream and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Slice cake into 3 layers. Drizzle base layer with 1/3 of the coffee. Spread half the ricotta mixture over the base cake layer, replace the middle cake layer and drizzle with remaining coffee. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture. Replace the top cake layer and spread with Coffee Frosting. Sift over cocoa.