Easter Basket Cake
Total Time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
A tasty festive chocolate Easter basket cake topped with delicious chocolate eggs, perfect for sharing at any Easter gathering.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 100 g shredded coconut
- 3 to 4 drops Green food colouring
- 90 g Mini chocolate Easter eggs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan forced ovens) Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Vanilla Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 22-27 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Ice one half of the cake with a 1/3 of tub of Chocolate Fudge Frosting then sandwich together with the other half of the cake. Ice the rest over the top and sides of the cake ensuring that you have a smooth finish. Make a basket weave pattern in the icing on the side of the cake by drawing inch-long horizontal and vertical lines with a fork.
- Add the shredded coconut and 3 or 4 drops of food colouring into a tightly covered jar or sandwich bag until evenly tinted; sprinkle on top of cake. Place mini chocolate Easter eggs on top for the prefect finish.