Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Ice cream and chocolate chip cookies – it’s the perfect combo for a divine sweet treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- Egg and butter called for on cookie mix box
Topping and Filling
- 500ml tub good quality vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce, as desired
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Medium bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Wire rack
- Ice cream scoop
- Small palette knife
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens). Make, bake and cool cookie mix as directed on box.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave to soften for 10 minutes.
- Place a large scoop of ice cream on the underside of 5 cookies. Use a small palette knife to flatten the ice cream scoop slightly, then top each one with another cookie (underside down) and press together firmly to make a sandwich. Return the cookie sandwiches to the freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the ice cream sandwiches from the freezer and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes or until soft enough to eat. Serve drizzled with the chocolate sauce.
- For an ice cream sandwich with more of a choccie crunch, melt 100g dark, milk or white chocolate and spread on the underside of each cookie. Freeze for 10 minutes, then follow the instructions for filling with ice cream.
- The sandwiches can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Wrap individually in baking paper then foil. Stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving to allow them to soften slightly.