Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Servings: 9 brownies
It looks like the Easter bunny has been busy with these cute chocolate egg-topped brownies!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Melted butter and eggs called for on the brownie mix box
For the decoration
- 150g Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- Green food colouring paste or gel
- 27 mini sugar-coated chocolate eggs
- 27 assorted mini sugar blossoms or sugar daisies
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan forced ovens). Grease a 20cm square shallow cake pan and line the base and 2 sides with baking paper.
- Open the brownie box, remove the enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Make, bake and cool the brownies as directed on the box using the melted butter and eggs.
- Turn the brownie slab out onto a board and cut into 9 equal squares.
- To decorate, put the frosting in a medium bowl and colour with the green food colouring paste or gel. Spoon the frosting into a disposable piping bag fitted with a small multiple hole (grass hair) nozzle (see Tips). Pipe over each brownie to create a grass effect.
- Top each brownie with 3 mini eggs and 3 mini sugar blossoms or daisies. Serve immediately and store any leftover brownies in an airtight container in a cool place for 2-3 days.
- If you don’t have a piping nozzle to create the grass effect, then just spread the frosting on top of the brownies using the tip of a small palette knife.
- You can make smaller brownies for little appetites. Cut the slab into 16 squares and decorate each with just 1 egg and 2 mini sugar blossoms or daisies.