Easter Nest Cookies
Total Time: 1 Hour
Kids will love these cute, easy-to-make Easter treats.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup (80g) butter, softened
- 1 extra large egg
- 75g desiccated coconut
- Pink and green food colouring gels
- 400g Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 60 sugar-coated mini chocolate eggs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- In a mixing bowl, stir the cookie mix together with the butter and egg until just combined. Spoon 20 equal size amounts of dough, about 5cm apart, onto two baking paper lined baking trays; roll into balls. Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Place half the desiccated coconut in a small sealable freezer bag. Add a little of the pink food colouring gel to the bag, seal and rub through the bag with your fingers until the coconut is coloured pink. Repeat using a second bag with the remaining desiccated coconut and the green food colouring gel.
- Top each cookie with a swirl of the frosting. Pile pink coconut onto half the cookies and green coconut onto the remaining cookies. Sit 3 mini chocolate eggs in the centre of each ‘nest’. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Replace the vanilla frosting with Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Milk Chocolate Frosting for an extra chocolatey Easter treat!