Easy Frosted Reindeer Brownies
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
A new festive twist on a brownie using a gingerbread man cookie cutter! This hack will have you winning the holiday season year after year.
All You Need Is ...
- 125g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Frosting
- 12 pretzels, broken in half, plus a few extra in case of breakages
- 12 brown sugar-coated chocolate beans
- 24 edible candy eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular cake pan with baking paper. Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the brownie mix and reserve for another use.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box using the butter and eggs. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for around 20-25 minutes, or until a palette knife, inserted 5cm from the edge of the pan, comes out almost clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and remove the lining paper. When cooled, place into the fridge to chill and firm up for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownie from the fridge and press out 12 gingerbread men with a 7cm gingerbread man cookie cutter. Discard (or eat!) any leftovers.
- Turn the gingerbread men upside down and spread each with the chocolate frosting using the tip of a small palette knife. Place the pretzel halves on the legs for antlers with the edible eyeballs below and a chocolate bean as the nose.
- If you can’t find edible candy eyeballs, you can use white chocolate chips or drops and some black writing icing for the pupils.