Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Children will love decorating these grisly grinning pumpkin cupcakes for Halloween!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 3 extra large eggs
- Orange food colour gel
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 2 tubes black writing icing
- 1 tube green writing icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases. Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the cake mix and reserve for another use.
- Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for muffins on the box.
- In a bowl, add enough orange food colouring to the vanilla frosting to give a bright orange colour. Using a small spatula, spread the frosting on the top of the cupcakes.
- Pipe a Halloween pumpkin mouth, nose and eyes on each cupcake with the tubes of black writing icing. Use the green writing icing to pipe a green stalk on each cupcake.