Halloween Witch Cupcakes
Total Time: 2 Hours
The witches have fallen off their broomsticks! Make and bake these fun cupcakes for a super Halloween treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 3 extra large eggs
- Orange food colouring gel or paste
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 8 round crème-filled chocolate sandwich biscuits, crème filling discarded and biscuits roughly crushed
- 300g chocolate ready to roll icing
- 48 white candy sticks or pretzel sticks
- 9 strawberry fruit flavoured straws or straps
- 24 milk chocolate coated sticks or pretzel sticks
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases. Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the cake mix and reserve for another use. Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for muffins on the box.
- In a bowl, add enough orange food colouring to the vanilla frosting to give a bright orange colour. Using a small spatula, spread the frosting on the top of the cakes. Pile some of the crushed biscuits to resemble earth in the centre of each cake.
Shape 48 shoes out of some of the chocolate ready to roll icing and press 1 shoe onto the end of each candy or pretzel stick to make a leg. Insert 2 legs into each cake.
Shape 24 hats from the rest of the ready to roll icing. Cut 3 strawberry straws in half, then cut each in half lengthways into 4 thin strips to make 24 strips in total and wrap one around each hat. Position the hats on the cupcakes.
- Cut the remaining strawberry straws into 24 x 4 cm long pieces, then cut small slits into each piece without cutting all the way through to create the broom bristles. Push each one onto the end of a chocolate coated stick or pretzel for broomsticks and place on the cupcakes.
- You can use pretzel sticks instead of chocolate coated sticks for the broomsticks.
- Pop a little sweet under each witches’ hat for a spooky extra surprise!