Mint and Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bars
Total Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
Chocolate and mint, gooey brownie and crunchy topping, this bar has it all!
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix or Betty Crocker™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 extra large eggs
- 8 round mint cream filled chocolate sandwich biscuits, roughly chopped, to decorate
For the frosting
- 150g Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 50g marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
- Mint green food colouring drops or gel
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Open the brownie box, remove enclosed frosting sachet if using Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix and reserve for another use. Mix the brownie mix, butter and eggs together in a bowl until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a round bladed knife inserted into the centre comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and leave the brownie to cool completely in the pan; about 1 hour.
- To make the frosting, stir together the vanilla frosting, marshmallow fluff and peppermint essence in a medium bowl. Add a few drops green food colouring or small amount of food colouring gel and mix well. Add in more food colouring if the mixture is not green enough.
- Use the baking paper to lift the brownie square from the pan. Swirl the green frosting over the top of the brownie square using a small palette knife.
- To decorate, sprinkle with the chopped biscuits and press in slightly. Cut into 18 bars to serve. Store any leftover bars in an airtight container in a cool place for 2-3 days.
- Instead of using chocolate mint biscuits, top with chopped chocolate mints.
- Swap the Vanilla Frosting for Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Milk Chocolate Frosting if you want even more chocolate in your bar, just leave out the green food colouring.