Santa Hat Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
These fun festive cupcakes are a great treat at Christmas.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 3 extra large eggs
For the topping
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- 24 large strawberries, hulled
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Place 24 muffin or patty pan cases into 2 x 12-hole muffin trays. Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the cake mix and reserve for another use.
- Make up the cake mix as directed on the box using the oil, water and eggs. Divide equally among the paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of 1 cake comes out clean. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack; about 30 minutes.
- Spread the vanilla frosting over the cupcakes (reserving 1 tablespoon of the frosting). To serve, top each with 1 upside-down strawberry and place an additional dot of the reserved frosting onto the end of each strawberry for the hat bobble.
- Make them more chocolatey by using Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Milk Chocolate Frosting instead of vanilla.
- Add a coloured sugar-coated chocolate bean to the top of each hat for a tempting finish.