Self-saucing caramel rainbow pudding
Rainbow pudding with a never-ending stream of caramel goodness served with your choice of ice-cream and icing sugar. Did we just make you hungry for some dessert? All you need for this recipe is a Rainbow Chip Party Cake Mix from Betty Crocker and the ingredients to make the sauce. Would you believe us if we said this is our favourite Pudding?
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box (480g) Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Chip Party Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 80g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 300ml cream
- Icing sugar
- Ice cream or cream
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease an 8-cup (2L) capacity baking dish with butter.
- Whisk cake mix, eggs, milk and butter in a large bowl until well combined. Spoon into prepared dish.
- For the sauce combine brown sugar, cream, 3/4 cup (180ml) water and frosting from the sachet in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the cream just comes to the boil. Carefully pour the mixture over the back of a large spoon over the pudding mixture.
- Place the dish on a baking tray (to catch any drips) and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until pudding is firm to a gentle touch and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with ice cream or cream.