Strawberry Surprise Bundt Cake
Total Time: 4 Hours
Rippled with sweet strawberry puree this delicious vanilla cake is made extra-special with a vanilla frosting drizzle and fresh strawberries. It’s a perfect party cake!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 80g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 3 extra large eggs
- 100g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 100g strawberries, hulled and slice
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced ovens). Grease and lightly flour a 2.4 Litre capacity bundt pan.
- Mix the cake mix, butter, milk, eggs, and cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes (do not eat batter as it contains raw eggs).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and gently level the surface with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry puree. Place all of the Strawberry Puree ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a small jug.
- With the cake still in the pan, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake at 1-2cm intervals, going almost to the bottom. Carefully pour the puree into the holes. If necessary poke existing holes again to make room for more puree. Leave the cake to cool completely then cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Run a spatula around the inside edge of the pan to loosen the cake then invert onto a serving plate.
- To decorate the cake, empty the sachet of vanilla frosting into a small bowl. Add the milk and beat together until smooth. Spoon into a disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Drizzle the frosting in a zig-zag pattern over the cake (reserve any leftover frosting to serve with the sliced cake) and top with the sliced strawberries.
- Make sure to push the end of the wooden spoon almost down to the bottom of the cake to make plenty of room for the puree.
- Wipe the end of the spoon with damp kitchen paper after pushing it into the cake each time.
- Keep cake refrigerated until ready to serve.