Brownie and Fruit Skewers
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 8 skewers
Try this new way to serve a delicious brownie and fruit dessert — and with chocolate sauce, too!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Butter and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 250g fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 strawberries, hulled and halved
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan forced ovens). Lightly grease and line the base and two sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking parchment. Open the brownie mix box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Make, bake and cool brownie mix as directed on box.
- Place the pan of brownies in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove brownies from pan, and peel away parchment. Cut into 25 squares.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Thread 3 brownie squares, 2 pineapple chunks, 2 banana chunks and 2 strawberry halves alternately on each of 8 long wooden skewers (you will have 1 brownie squares left). Place on baking sheet. Cover and chill in refrigerator whilst making chocolate sauce.
- Place Chocolate Sauce ingredients in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, and heat until chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over skewers to serve.
- If you prepare these skewers in advance, brush banana chunks with lemon juice before threading them on skewers to prevent them from turning brown.
- Use any firm fruit you like; try chunks of peach, apple or mango for a change.