Chocolate Fudge Spider Web Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Treat yourself to some chocolatey fudgey spookiness in the form of a spider web cake!
All You Need Is ...
- Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, 540g
- 3 extra large eggs
- 125g butter, melted
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 150g packet mini smarties
- Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting, 400g
- Licorice straps
Betty's Easy Steps
- Prepare and bake the cake following pack directions. Cool completely. Trim top to make it flat if necessary and turn the cake upside down on a serving plate.
- Separate the smarties into different colours. A great job for the kids!
- Using 3/4 of the tub of frosting, cover the side of the cake. Add the frosting from the sachet to the tub, stir to combine and warm the frosting to make a glaze following pack directions. Pour over the centre of cake and spread to edges, allowing frosting to drip over.
- Start the spider with a line of 8 smarties for the stripe and using another colour make a circle for the body. Add the head, licorice eyes and legs. Use the remaining smarties to decorate the side of the cake.
- Get little hands to help separate the smarties into different colours!