Easter Cake Pops
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Try your hand at making delightful treats for Easter with this simple Easter cake pops recipe, brought to you by Betty Crocker™. Make your delicious chocolate cake pops look like nests filled with eggs, or get creative with your own design!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil (6tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 230 ml water
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 210 g Chocolate strands
- 400 g Milk chocolate buttons/bar
- 270 g Sugar coated chocolate eggs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan forced ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Grease the tin or line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 23- 28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled crumble it up into a large bowl. Add a large spoonful of Choc Fudge Frosting, enough for it to be gooey when you have scrunched it all together.
- Roll a piece of the mixture into a ball, slightly smaller than a golf ball size.
- Melt the milk chocolate until runny.
- Dip a cake pop stick in the melted chocolate and then stick it into the cake pop 2/3 of the way in. When you have done them all, put them in the fridge to harden for 30 minutes.
- Re-Melt melt the milk choc again and add a small amount of vegetable oil (approx 1 tsp per 150g). This will keep the chocolate nice and runny. Take the cake pops out of the fridge and dip them in the chocolate, turning to ensure they are completely covered. Gently tap the cake pop stick on the side of the jug to let the excess chocolate drip off the cake pop.
- Scatter milk chocolate strands all over the cake pop, turning as you go. Stick in a polystyrene block.
- Stick 3 sugar coated eggs on each cake pop. The melted chocolate will glue them securely. Leave them to set.
- Tie some pretty Easter ribbon to the top of each cake pop stick for decoration.