Father’s Day Cupcake Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
A basic vanilla cupcake with frostings to cheer up any time of the day! Why not indulge in these sweet treats this Father’s Day?
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 180ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
For the decoration
- 1 1/2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- Green, yellow and blue food colouring gels or pastes
- Selection of small sweets, such as multi-coloured sugar-coated chocolate beans, jelly beans or gummy bears
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases (see tip).
- Stir the cake mix, oil, water and eggs together gently in a bowl, then whisk (by hand or with an electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases and bake for 18-22 minutes until risen and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool in the muffin trays for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- Divide the frosting equally into three bowls (approximately 200g in each bowl). Beat in enough green, yellow or blue food colouring gel or paste into each bowl to give a good strong colour.
- Using a small palette knife, frost 8 of the cupcakes with the green icing, 8 with the yellow icing and 8 with the blue icing. Decorate with the sweets of your choice.
- To serve, assemble the cupcakes (in their colour blocks) to spell out the word DAD.
- Use three different cupcake case colours (8 of each colour) for a really bright and fun effect.
- Assemble the cupcakes to form the word DAD just before serving – make sure to allow for a large area to display the cake. Place on boards to make moving the separate letters easier.
- Once made and frosted, store the cupcakes in airtight containers in a cool place for up to 3 days.