Gluten Free Apple Spiced Donuts
Prep Time: 30-35 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Doughnut meets muffins with these all things nice Betty Crocker™ Gluten-Free Apple & Cinnamon muffin mix
All You Need Is ...
- 500g Betty Crocker™ Apple Cinnamon Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 50g cream cheese , cut into 12 pieces
- 50g butter , melted extra
- Spiced Sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 200°C( 180°C fan forced). Grease a 12 hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan tray.
- Combine muffin mix, sour cream, eggs, butter in a medium bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon a layer of batter into muffin pans. Snip corner of apple pouch and squeeze a small amount into the middle of the batter, top with cream cheese and cover roughly with remaining batter.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown and skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Meanwhile, toss sugar , cinnamon, ginger , nutmeg together in a large shallow pan . Brush hot muffins with extra melted butter and roll in spice sugar. Enjoy warm.