Halloween Brownie Bats
Total Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Prepare to go batty for these fudgy Halloween brownie bites.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix or Betty Crocker™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Butter and eggs called for on the brownie mix box
- 20 wafer thin dark chocolate digestive biscuits, cut in half with a serrated knife
- Small tube black writing frosting
- 40 small edible sugar frosting eyeballs
- 40 red heart-shaped edible sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Remove the enclosed frosting sachet if using the Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix and reserve for another use. Make and bake the brownie mix as directed on the box. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Stamp out 20 rounds using a 4cm round cookie cutter.
- Push 1 biscuit half into each side of the brownie rounds to form wings. Using the writing frosting, attach 2 sugar frosting eyeballs to each brownie. Press 2 heart shaped sprinkles into each brownie (pointed-side out) to resemble fangs.
- Chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies (with the crème filling removed) can be used in place of the wafer thin chocolate digestives.
- After stamping out the cookie rounds, save the leftover bits of brownie for snacking or for crumbling over ice cream.
- If you can't find the heart shaped sprinkles, try using red writing frosting for the fangs.