Halloween Graveyard Brownies
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
This simple spooky graveyard is made from brownie mix and can be decorated with any edible Halloween sweets you can find!
All You Need Is ...
- 125g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 160g chocolate orange sticks or chocolate finger biscuits, broken into different lengths
- 1 white writing icing pen
- 5 milk chocolate sandwich biscuit bars
- 2 round crème-filled chocolate sandwich biscuits, white filling discarded and cookies roughly crushed for 'soil'
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular cake pan.
- Remove the enclosed frosting sachet from the brownie mix and reserve for another use. Make up the brownie mix in a large bowl as directed on the box.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake pan. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until a round bladed knife, inserted 5cm from the edge of the tin, comes out almost clean. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Turn the brownie out onto a serving plate or board, remove the baking paper and spread the frosting over the top and sides. Place the chocolate sticks or fingers around the sides to make a rickety fence.
- Write messages with the writing icing pen onto the sandwich biscuit bars, then push into the brownie as gravestones. Sprinkle the crushed biscuit crumbs around the base of each gravestone as soil.
- Any chocolate biscuit can be used for the gravestones. Rectangular ones mean you don’t have to shape them but you could use round biscuits and trim the sides if you can’t find anything else.