Halloween Mummy Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Wrapped in frosting bandages and with spooky staring eyes, these mummy cupcakes are perfect for a scary Halloween party!
All You Need Is ...
For the cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 80g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
For the decoration
- 500g (about 1¼ tubs) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Vanilla Frosting
- Orange, green and purple food colouring pastes or gels
- 48 edible eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 x 12-cup muffin pans with paper cupcake cases.
- Open the cake box, remove enclosed frosting sachet and reserve for another use. Place the cake mix, eggs, butter and milk in a bowl, then whisk (by hand or with an electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Divide the mixture evenly among the cupcake cases. Bake both pans together in the oven for 18-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- Reserve 150g of the frosting and divide the rest equally between 3 bowls. Use the food colouring pastes or gels to colour each bowl of frosting to the desired shade.
- Use each colour of frosting to top 8 cupcakes. Spoon the reserved 150g vanilla frosting into a disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe the frosting over each cupcake in zig-zag lines to resemble bandages. Attach 2 eyeballs to each cupcake. Serve immediately or keep in a cool place for up to 2 days.
- You can vary the colours of the frosting under the bandages or use Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Fudge Frosting instead. If you can’t find orange food colouring or gel, mix red and yellow to get the desired colour.
- If you don’t have any candy eyeballs, then simply pipe on blobs of the frosting and dot with black writing icing.