Halloween Owl Brownies
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Friends and family will have a hoot over these owl-themed Halloween brownies!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Butter and eggs called for on the brownie mix box
- 32 large white chocolate buttons
- 32 dark chocolate drops
- 16 mini orange jelly beans
- 8 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, cut into quarters
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make and bake the brownie mix as directed on the box. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie into 16 squares. Using chocolate frosting sachet, spread frosting roughly over the top of each brownie with the tip of a small palette knife.
- Place 2 white chocolate buttons on each brownie, then attach 2 dark chocolate drops to the buttons with a tiny dot of any remaining chocolate frosting for eyes. Attach 1 mini jelly bean to each brownie to resemble beaks, then place 2 peanut butter cup quarters, cut-side down, at the top of each brownie for eyebrows.
- Instead of jelly beans you could use red or orange candy coated chocolates.
- Try sprinkling chocolate 100s and 1000s on the bottom half of each brownie for owl feathers.