Halloween Witch Brownies
Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
Witch brownies are a fun and easy Halloween treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix or Betty Crocker™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Butter and eggs called for on the brownie mix box
- 2 tubes ready-to-pipe black frosting
- 2 tubes ready-to-pipe green frosting
- 4-6 black liquorice twists, each cut into 5cm lengths
- 24 small edible sugar frosting eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced oven). Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Remove the enclosed frosting sachet if using the Frosted Chocolate Brownie Mix and reserve for another use. Make and bake the brownie mix as directed on the box. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie in half, then cut each half into 6 triangles each with a 6cm wide base (see template below).
- Warm each tube of frosting in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until the frosting is just warmed and flows freely when the tube is squeezed. Pipe the black frosting in a zig-zag line from the point of 1 brownie triangle to two-thirds of the way down to resemble the black hat. Pipe the green frosting over the rest of the brownie to resemble the face.
- Place a cut piece of liquorice between the black and green frosting for the hat brim. Place 2 eyeballs on the green frosting. Repeat to make 12 witch brownies in total. Leave in a cool place for 30 minutes to allow the frosting to set.
- If tubes of ready-to-pipe frosting are unavailable, roll out green and black ready-to-roll frosting and cut shapes to fit on the brownies. Attach with some Betty Crocker™ chocolate frosting.
- Save the leftover end pieces of brownie for snacking or for crumbling over ice cream.