Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
This soft and tasty cake recipe calls for Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cake Mix and other simple ingredients like cocoa powder. It serves 12 people for a warm delicious dessert!
Did you like the peekaboo cake? Tell us about this recipe on Facebook!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (180ml)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (80g)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease a 20cm Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, milk and butter in a large bowl with electric mixer on LOW speed for 30 seconds, then on MEDIUM speed for 2 minutes. (Do not eat batter as it contains raw eggs) take a 1/3 of the vanilla mixture and stir through the cocoa, making a chocolate mix.
- Pour half of the remaining vanilla mix into the prepared pan. Then carefully spoon/ pipe the chocolate mix into the pan guiding the mix to the middle of the pan, try not to allow any chocolate to touch the outer edges of the pan. Then carefully spoon the remaining vanilla batter over the chocolate, covering or hiding the chocolate mixture from view.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, and then gently remove from pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Swirl vanilla frosting over the top of cake. Slice, to reveal the “peekaboo chocolate ring”.