Rainbow piñata cake
Sounds delicious and easy to make. Don’t believe us? Try it yourself. With the Rainbow Chip Party Cake Mix and a cup of mixed colourful lollies and assorted chocolates, you can make a delectable piñata cake. Just make sure to have as much fun making the cake as you are going to have when you cut into it.
All You Need Is ...
- 2 boxes ( 480g each) Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Chip Party Cake Mix
- Eggs, butter and milk called for on the cake mix box
- 2 tubs (400g each) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup mixed colourful lollies or assorted chocolates
- 100s & 1000s, candles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease and line the base of two deep 20cm cake pans. Make cakes as directed on the box using the eggs, butter and milk and pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans, then gently remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- Level tops of cooled cakes if necessary. Cut a 9cm round from the centre of one cake and save the round for another use. Cut the other cake in half horizontally to give 2 discs. Place one cake disc on a serving plate. Spread with 2 – 3 tablespoons of frosting and top with the cake with a hole in it. Spread 1 – 2 tablespoons of frosting over top of cake. Spoon the lollies or chocolates into the centre of cake to fill to the top of the hole. Top with the remaining cake, bottom-side up to give a sharp edge.
- Spread frosting generously over the top and side of the cake. While the frosting is soft, sprinkle 100s & 1000s around the top edge of cake and then gently press small handfuls of over side to cover. Top with candles.
- Place a large tray under the cake when adding the sprinkles to catch the run-aways.
- Cake is best assembled and decorated on day of serving. Note that the colours of the lollies may smudge if prepared more than a few hours in advance.