Santa’s Hat Brownie Squares
Total Time: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Servings: 16 brownies
Santa’s little elves will have fun decorating these cute and easy brownies!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownies Baking Mix or Betty Crocker™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies Baking Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- Green gel food colour
- Mixed green, white and red 100’s and 1000’s
- 48 red chocolate buttons
- 8 large marshmallows cut into small pieces
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F (160°C for fan-forced oven). Line bottom and sides of 20cm square cake pan with foil and well-grease. Remove enclosed frosting sachet if using Frosted Chocolate brownie mix and reserve for another use. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from tin using foil to lift and peel away. Use sharp knife to cut brownies into 4 rows by 4 rows, making 16 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- Spoon frosting into medium bowl. Stir food colour into bowl to desired shade of green.
- Frost top of brownie square with green frosting. Sprinkle top edges of brownie with 100's and 1000's. Place 3 red chocolate buttons in a triangle on top of frosted brownie. Place 3 marshmallow pieces for hat’s brim and one on top of triangle for pom-pom. Repeat for all brownie squares.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- To easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit!
- To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.