Valentine’s Heart Cake
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Show your loved one how much they mean to you this Valentine’s Day with this gorgeous heart-shaped cake – the perfect treat for the perfect day!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box (540g) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist Vanilla Cake Mix
- 80 ml vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- 180 ml water (3/4 cup)
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 tub (400g) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- 1 tsp pink/red food colouring
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan forced ovens).
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Vanilla Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into your two greased cake tins, ensuring that the mixture is of equal depth in each.
- Bake In the centre of the oven for between 24-27 minutes for the square cake tin and 27-32 minutes for the round tin or until a rounded knife, inserted fully into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Cut the round cake in half. Place the two halves at either side of the square cake upon your presentation plate to form a heart shape and attach using a small amount of icing to spread between the joins.
- Stir a teaspoon of pink/red food colouring into your Betty Crocker Vanilla frosting.
- Cover your heart shaped cake with the frosting starting from the middle and working out to the edges. Then decorate as desired…Gorgeous!