Polar Bear Brownie Squares
Total Time: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Servings: 16 brownies
Kids will love to decorate these unbearably cute brownies!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Frosted Chocolate Brownies Baking Mix or Betty Crocker™ Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies Baking Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- 16 brown chocolate buttons, regular size
- 32 brown chocolate buttons, mini size
- 32 white chocolate drops
- Black writing icing tube
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F(160°C for fan-forced oven). Line bottom and sides of 20cm square cake pan with foil and well-grease. Remove enclosed frosting sachet if using Frosted Chocolate brownie mix and reserve for another use. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from tin using foil to lift and peel away. Use sharp knife to cut brownies into 4 rows by 4 rows, making 16 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- Frost top of brownie square thickly with vanilla frosting. Using fork, pull through frosting to outside of brownie to create “fur”. Dollop a small mound of vanilla frosting in center of brownie, place 1 brown chocolate button on top for nose, 2 mini brown chocolate buttons for eyes, and 2 white chocolate drops for ears. Pipe a mouth using black writing icing tube. Repeat for all brownie squares.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- To easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit!
- To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.