Red velvet cake with cream cheese glaze
What is more awesome than a Red Velvet Cheesecake? A Red Velvet Cheesecake with a Cream Cheese Glaze. Whether it’s Mother’s Day or a day to celebrate love, Betty Crocker has got you covered with this amazing recipe. Your trusted Red Velvet Cake Mix topped with seasonal fruits and edible flowers of your choice is sure to hit the spot. Remember, the cream cheese glaze comes with the pack.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box (480g) Betty Crocker™ Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Eggs, oil and water called for on the cake mix box
- Seasonal fruit and edible flowers
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a 22cm (top measurement) fluted cake pan generously with butter.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box and pour in to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Give the cake a gentle shake to loosen it in the pan and then gently invert on to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Squeeze the frosting from the sachet in to a small heatproof jug or bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 10 seconds. Repeat until frosting is just runny. Carefully pour the runny frosting around the top of the cake. Drips will run down the sides.
- Decorate with the fruit and flowers.
- Try different combinations of fruit for the decoration – cherries and rose petals, blueberries and violets or mixed berries and colourful violas are all beautiful.
- If you are worried about the cake sticking to you bundt pan, generously grease it with butter and then dust lightly with flour, shaking out the excess flour.